) ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS;
In contrast, the ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS clause indicates that rows should be preserved until the end of the session.
CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE my_temp_table (
) ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS;
- If the TRUNCATE statement is issued against a temporary table, only the session specific data is trucated. There is no affect on the data of other sessions.
- Data in temporary tables is automatically delete at the end of the database session, even if it ends abnormally.
- Indexes can be created on temporary tables. The content of the index and the scope of the index is that same as the database session.
- Views can be created against temporary tables and combinations of temporary and permanent tables.
- Temporary tables can have triggers associated with them.
- Export and Import utilities can be used to transfer the table definitions, but no data rows are processed.
- There are a number of restrictions related to temporary tables but these are version specific.